MISC: One Day at a Time #1

James Mason mason.james.jamesmason at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 20:13:27 PST 2010

It didn’t really hurt. Nor did it really bother me that much. I felt pretty
much the same after my blood and organs flew out of my body.

One Day at a Time

By James Mason

So… my organs are on the ground now. Why am I not dead?
How did this happen anyway? I think it was that floating guy. The one that
was standing in the air between the buildings. He looked at me and pointed,
and my body parts wanted a vacation from my head.
Since I don’t seem to be having the trouble most people have when they lose
organs, I don’t mind all that much. I hope they come back soon. Otherwise,
how am I going to-
I CAN HELP YOU.
“Uhhh… really?”
YES, IF YOU LET ME.
Well my only other choice is just lying here for the rest of my… life?
“Okay.”
*SLUP* *POP*
That… felt weird. Weirder than not dying when you lose a piece of yourself
(specifically, a vital organ). Better return home.

Chapter 1: This Chapter Has a Title

*yaaaawn* Man, nothing’s happened since I came back to my apartment. All
that happened was: I got home, said “hi” to my roommate, waited in my room
for a while, fell asleep, the dinosaurs attacked, Big Brother shot me with
a laser, and then I woke up. And now it’s 2:00 AM.
Nothing. Oh well, might as well go to the bathroom.
*mumblemumble* Stupid door. Stupid carpet. Stupid mirror. Stupid cat in the
mirror. Stupid bathroom floor. Stupid toilet. Stupid bathroom door that I’m
looking at while going.
Ahhhhh. That’s better. Now what was that about a cat in the mirror?
…I’m a cat. Or at least some sort of… cat person… I don’t know how to feel
about that. I’m going back to bed.

	Ah, I knew it was just a dream. …I’m sad now. Oh well! Time to get ready
for work!
*GOING THROUGH THE MOTIONS*
Do-do-do-do-do, driving my car! Do-do-do… why do I have this odd feeling?
Do-do-do-do, I’m at work, do-do-do.
“HI, CHUCK!”
“Hi, Bill!”
Do-do-do—
YOU ARE NEEDED.
…Do…? “Ummm… what do you expect me to do?”
YOU MUST SEARCH THE CITY TO STOP CRIMES.
“How?”
YOU HAVE THE POWER.
“So I am a cat.”
YES. NOW GO!
“Well, I kind of have work to d—“
*BOOM*
“RUN! THE FACTORY IS EXPLODING!”
…time to go!

	Okay, how do I become the cat again? Come on, mirror at my house! I didn’t
come back to my apartment just to look at myself! Show me the cat self
thing! Maybe I should think about cats. CATS CATS CATS CATS MEOW MEOW MEOW!
…hey, it worked! Now to look for crimes! …how do I do that?