[META] Other People's Stories

Dave Van Domelen dvandom at eyrie.org
Fri Aug 13 11:03:02 PDT 2010

In article <1vmkyjg3aqejk.1fgm3rntoohd8$.dlg at 40tude.net>,
Andrew Perron  <pwerdna at gmail.com> wrote:
>So... no ideas? ^^;

     It's somewhat hazy ground.  It can be argued that anything posted to
Usenet may be archived by third parties, because by its very design Usenet
*is* a third party archive...a whole series of them.  There's an X-no-archive
line you can put in headers that will generally tell any automated archivers
to not grab a post, although these days I'm not sure people can even insert
that line if they have the wrong gateway interface.
     Mind you, I believe Eag already archives all RACC stories automatically,
or at least all LNH stories, so there's implicit permission if the authors
haven't objected to that.

     Dave Van Domelen, hopes the humidity dies back down before he has to go
outside again.