SW10, HCC10: The Waitress From Beyond

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Aug 7 07:37:46 PDT 2010

On Aug 5, 8:26 pm, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 13:45:40 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:
> > On Aug 2, 7:29 pm, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:

> > You mean, a bit more personality for Johnny?  I'll work on it, since
> > he actually showed up in my January 2010 episodes.
>
> That, yes, but also, "Man-Torch" is a bit too close to "Human Torch" for my
> comfort.

I'm intending for the name "Man-Torch" to reveal a bit more of Johnny
Flamer's personality.  (I think I'll change his name to Jimmy, but
"Flamer" probably stays..)

> >> ...that's kinda random.
>
> > You mean, stream of consciousness?
>
> Nah, that they're going on a witchhunt against people with flame powers.

I'll accept my waitress didn't explain why people would do that, but
it seems pretty obvious to me.  How *does* someone fight crime with
flame weaponry, without burning people?

> >> Now this is an interesting idea - a setting defined by natural forces. (Is
> >> this your 'main' world dealing with the orbit, or did they hop off onto
> >> another?)
>
> > Yeah, that's the main Superhuman World.
>
> Neat!  More of that, please.

It's in the pipeline.  All this time that I haven't been writing
fiction, I've been at least deciding where the fiction should go.
Yes, we can expect a crisis fairly soon.