SW10: March 2010 #1: The Rise of Cap-Macaya

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Apr 30 17:41:24 PDT 2010

On Apr 30, 10:15 am, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 17:41:28 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:
> >     * After one beer with dinner, I fly home above wires and a
> > highway.
>
> Wait, he actually has powers?

Yeah, but they're intermittent.  His flight powers work best near
electrical wiring.  He sometimes has other powers, but only in a "Dial-
H-for-HERO" manner at times of great need.  Mostly his power is, he's
in the middle of things.

> > The interviews specify I go on heavily-guarded military-style
> > transport with wireless transmission disabled, to a secret
> > destination. I agree. At least someone respects my power to instantly
> > give my commentary throughout the world, at least enough to pay me not
> > to do it.
>
> This too?

Yeah.  Wyatt Ferguson has the power of Internet.  8{D>

> >     * This is on the south side of town, where the main attractions
> > are the United Nations Premises and the Consulate of the Republic of
> > Togo. These both have some German guards now. Much like any town in
> > America, Bonn's gone downhill in recent years, since the German Gov
> > has moved out. Much like any town in America, the Martin Luther King
> > Street is the typical place to find this.
>
> Wait, there's a Martin Luther King street in Germany?  Or... are we in
> America now?

No, Bonn-Germany has all sorts of streets named after foreign
dignitaries.

> Anyway, this issue was very good!  Some action, some characterization.  A
> few points were confusing, but overall, definitely an improvement.

Thanks.  I'll try to resolve the confusion as it comes up.  It's
obvious to me that Wyatt has "Plot Device" power, but not everyone's
been in on his storyline for twenty years like I have.