SW10: March 2010 #1: The Rise of Cap-Macaya

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 08:15:56 PDT 2010

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 17:41:28 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

>     * After one beer with dinner, I fly home above wires and a
> highway.

Wait, he actually has powers?

> The interviews specify I go on heavily-guarded military-style
> transport with wireless transmission disabled, to a secret
> destination. I agree. At least someone respects my power to instantly
> give my commentary throughout the world, at least enough to pay me not
> to do it.

This too?

> 15 March 2010: On patrol with the Army, I find why entire units come
> from one town. You really do work with people better if you grew up
> with them.

Of course, see Terry Pratchett's Johnny and the Dead for the drawback to
this.

>     * This is on the south side of town, where the main attractions
> are the United Nations Premises and the Consulate of the Republic of
> Togo. These both have some German guards now. Much like any town in
> America, Bonn's gone downhill in recent years, since the German Gov
> has moved out. Much like any town in America, the Martin Luther King
> Street is the typical place to find this.

Wait, there's a Martin Luther King street in Germany?  Or... are we in
America now?

> Author's Note: The Superhuman World website now works with concepts
> from the Usenet group rec.arts.comics.creative. But this story does
> not. This is where the regular writer of the series tells everyone,
> "Oh, look, my regular plotline's interfering!"

Heh, nothing wrong with that.  Keeps it from being a string of unrelated
incidents!

Anyway, this issue was very good!  Some action, some characterization.  A
few points were confusing, but overall, definitely an improvement.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, radishes!