META/LNH: Character Usability Thingy Stuff

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 06:32:18 PDT 2010

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 23:42:27 +0000 (UTC), Arthur Spitzer wrote:

> Basically how I see it working is that you only have control over the
> characters and concepts you have created, or ones that other people have
> given you control over...
>
> The rest is anarchy... and the whole Reserved and Not Reserved list is
> kind of meaningless.

Well, to me, it's more of a way for the creators themselves to tell others
how they can use them, or, for ones you didn't create, letting people know
your intentions.

>  Of course most LNH writers are polite and will
> observe a 'reserve listing' for a time... but reserving something
> doesn't give you that character till the end of time... and certainly if
> you disappear for more than a year, I'd say those reserved characters
> are fair game.

Yeah, that sounds good. (For ones you didn't create, of course.)

> As for a 'Free-For-Use' category I'm fine with that...
>
> Maybe there should be a list on the wiki of all the LNH characters that
> are 'Free-For-Use'.

Yeah, I was going to go through and add "Category Free For Use", as well as
changing the Usability status.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, smoogle.