LNH/Meta: Irony Man's Fate! Was... Re: LNH/Contest: Legion of Net.Heroes Volume 2 #35 HCC8

Saxon Brenton saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 27 21:40:19 PDT 2010

Andrew Perron replied to Arthur Spitzer commenting on Saxon's story:
>> Saxon Brenton wrote:
>>>      The Lord of Spots dismissed Irony Man with an omnidirectional burst
>>> of spots that acted like a repulsor ray (how ironic).  The net.hero was
>>> sent flying backwards, but circled around, looking for another avenue
>>> of attack.
>>
>> Ah, looks like Irony Man is still a member of the LNH!  (Granted there's
>> nothing to indicate in this appearance of whether it's Toony Stork or
>> someone else in the suit...)
>
> I wondered if he'd asked you about this.

Uh, no.  I didn't.  As it was I barely remembered to ask Rob whether Twitter
survived Beige Midnight.  As I said, the fight scene was wriiten at the last
minute last minute, and I was just kind of desperately thinking up strong
guys who could fly to use as cameos.

Then Dvandom wrote:
>  Given how Marvel dealt with the matter, I'd suggest a few potential paths.

[options deleted]

Or perhaps something snarky something like this?:

LNH-HQ.  Catalyst Lass walks over to Teen Toony (the teenaged version of
Toony Stark, Irony Man, the altter who died in the act of saving the Legion
from one of Hex Luthor's backup plans, in the process gaining redemption
for himself).  "Heya, Toony!"

TT looks up from the membership forms he's filling in.  "Hi, Cat."

Cat: "I just wanted to tell you that it's peachy keen that you're taking
up residence in this timeline as a replacement for your now deceased alt.self.
Welcome aboard."

TT: "Thanks.  It'll be a big set of shoes to fill, but I'll do my best."

Cat: "I'm sure you'll do great."

TT (to himself as Cat walks away): .oO( Thank goodness the other LNHers
don't realise I've faked my own death by uploading my mind into this
teenaged clone I made of myself. There's just too much baggage associated
with the things I had to do to help save the Looniearth during Beige Midnight
to be able to maintain my identity as the original Toony Stark they knew. )

---
Saxon Brenton
Daleks not only don't have noses, they don't a sense of humour.  So if
you trap one in a Monthy Python skit they will predictably self-destruct
in confusion and fear.