META/LNH: Character Usability Thingy Stuff

Phantasm phantom_belcher at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 27 19:55:08 PDT 2010

On Apr 27, 3:28 pm, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Therefore, I propose a separate "Free For Use" category.  Essentially, a
> character in this category would be, well, freely usable.  How would this
> be different from Not Reserved, you ask?
>
> Well, that's the other thing.  How character usability works is itself
> vague.  I know, I know, it's more custom and courtesy than hard-and-fast
> rules.  But I think it'd be useful to set down a few guidelines, simply to
> help educate those who don't know how the system works.
>
> What do you think, sirs?
>
> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, lost his faith immaculate when Cupid
> became a villain!

I know I've had a few characters that were "Not Reserved" moved into
the "Reserved By" category - mainly Incredible Man-With-No-Life and
CAPTAIN CAPITALIZE in the a.outSiders.  It seems they moved back into
the Not Reserved category when I disappeared from RACC.  (As their
last location in a.outSiders was the LNHQ, that wasn't as much of a
problem as it could have been.)

I'm all for this Free-For-Use category, with the proper caveat that
characters who are generally not Reserved for a certain amount of time
and are commonly ex-Public Domain or former Not Reserved get moved
back to Free For Use when they haven't been used for a while.