LNH/Contest: Legion of Net.Heroes Volume 2 #35 HCC8

Saxon Brenton saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 25 19:08:37 PDT 2010

Scott replied:
>>   Kind of unfocused as a story.
>
> The heroes seemed highly focused to me, and the battle was exciting.
>
> It would have been nice to have a visual effect for when spots and
> stripes battle... but I suppose that's the sort of thing that mortal
> eye was not meant to see.

[Before I get into the reply proper, I'll just note: AAAaaargh!!!  I was
so busy trying to finish the story off and post it yesterday afternoon
that I COMPLETELY FORGOT to have Occultism Kid make the throwaway comment
about plaid versus paisley among the other paraochial level dualities.]

Okay then.  Perhaps I'm being overly picky, but my gut feeling is that
I only used the concept of opposites as a way of picking a theme villain
and hanging a superhero story on it, rather than exploring the concept.
If it had of been longer I probably would have had more emphasis on the
two Lords, and perhaps got into their headspaces.  As it is the story
*does* work better than the last time I did a HHC entry which didn't
*quite* manage to focus on the concept (LNHv2 #31 - the 'kitbashed hero'
with Unity, W.I.L.B.U.R., and Limp-Asparagus Lad).

I agree that the fight scene works well (something of a pleasant surprise,
because it was the last bit written and was literally being worked on
while I was doing my Sunday desk shift yesterday).  However for the most
part the I think it works because it's mostly got lots of good character
interaction.  All three leads were fun to write for one reason or another.

---
Saxon Brenton
Daleks not only don't have noses, they don't a sense of humour.  So if
you trap one in a Monthy Python skit they will predictably self-destruct
in confusion and fear.