SW10: Index Update and Production Values

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Apr 24 07:42:55 PDT 2010

On Apr 24, 12:55 am, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 03:19:12 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:
> > *  I've been advised that my bright yellow background color is
> > jarring, even though that scheme only applies outside the stories and
> > is meant to make people find the stuff inside the story sections.  So
> > I've softened the color scheme a bit.
>
> I'd prefer a brighter yellow, actually!

... Well, all right, then.  I agree, so brighter yellow it is.

For purpose of background imagery, http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2010/index.htm
.

> Oh, I don't know; there's probably a lot of ways you could subtly make your
> site more usable.  A search function, for instance, or an RSS feed.

What?  Substance over style?

Yeah, I can see how a search function might be useful.  I can slam
something in from Google.  The main challenge will be, letting you
search stories only instead of the web logs, travelogs, and everything
else on Eilertech.com.  I've already got an RSS feed for the web logs,
but (1) that trick works better on entries I'm not continually
rewriting, and (2) it doesn't work well enough to interface with
Facebook anyway.