SW10: Index Update and Production Values

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Apr 23 20:19:13 PDT 2010

I've written almost all the stories I feel at Superhuman World 2010
right now.  (My protagonist might go on a mission in Cuba, but I'm
still figuring out the details.)  So, instead of writing stories, I'm
improving my production values.

*  The index is up to date through March at http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2010/index.htm
.

*  The web pages have a clickable image of the Superhuman World.  This
year's image has been updated to include these featured stories:  The
Last Chocolate Crop, The She-Ra Fight Club, and The Opposites.

*  I've been advised that my bright yellow background color is
jarring, even though that scheme only applies outside the stories and
is meant to make people find the stuff inside the story sections.  So
I've softened the color scheme a bit.

*  On the main page, I'm experimenting with background imagery...

The cool jobs in the software industry now involve writing web pages
with not just basic stuff, and employers want to see your examples.  I
can actually do that, but my problem's always been, anything more than
basic just gets in the way of the content.

But oh well.  Should I put my title in one of those sexy header
images?  And I'm open to other suggestions.