META: Comic Book Tropes You Loathe

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 11:22:01 PDT 2010

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 21:41:00 +0000 (UTC), Saxon Brenton wrote:

> Mainly, has the story trope been done many times before, and is being done
> now *without any new twists* that would at least allow it to pretend to be
> fresh?

That's a good point.  Really, for me, it tends to be how a trope is handled
rather than its existence at all.

>  Then, on a specific level of personal taste: like Tom and a lot of others,
> I don't have much liking for 1990s style grim'n'gritty stories - in other
> words, dark stories that are dark for no other reason than to be dark.

Naturally.  Vaguely interesting point: I first got into comics during this
era, yet it annoys me as much as anyone.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, not that there's *no* nostalgia
involved, mind...