META: Comic Book Tropes You Loathe

Saxon Brenton saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 19 14:41:18 PDT 2010

Dvandom replied to Easily Discovered Man Lite:
> Except for, naturally, Cannon Fodder. And then there's Sig.Lad, who may
> or may not be dead, depending on how you define it. And under certain
> definitions of death, Kopikat has died numerous times, replaced in each
> instance by someone with her memories. :) Squid Boy sort of died and came
> back thanks to Suicide Squid.
>
> Unless, of course, you mean just your own LNH stories.

With respect, there's an entire *type* of resurrection - the Editorially
mandated resurrection - that is alien to the setup of the Legion of
Net.Heroes, or any of the other story imprints on RACC.  We don't have
any characters who are corporation-owned money-spinners who need to be
kept in the public eye in order to keep the action figure lines selling
and the copyrights active.  When *we* resurrect our characters in
annoying ways, it's either because we're playing with the story tropes,
or because we're being drooling fanboys :-)

---
Saxon Brenton