META: Comic Book Tropes You Loathe

Dave Van Domelen dvandom at eyrie.org
Mon Apr 19 14:12:11 PDT 2010

In article <3aaa2637-aa7a-4480-b51a-70bd99f7be4a at i40g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
EDMLite  <robrogers72 at gmail.com> wrote:
>I agree with you on both counts.  I'm OK with most tropes
>-- I can even stand a clone story now and then.  But I
>really, really dislike comic book deaths, and I'm pleased that,
>as far as I can remember, pretty much everyone who has
>died in an LNH story over the years has remained dead.

     Except for, naturally, Cannon Fodder.  And then there's Sig.Lad, who may
or may not be dead, depending on how you define it.  And under certain
definitions of death, Kopikat has died numerous times, replaced in each
instance by someone with her memories.  :)  Squid Boy sort of died and came
back thanks to Suicide Squid.

     Unless, of course, you mean just your own LNH stories.

     Dave Van Domelen, notes that body/soul separability means death is a lot
less permanent in ASH, too.