META: Comic Book Tropes You Loathe

EDMLite robrogers72 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 10:51:44 PDT 2010

On Apr 19, 9:13 am, Scott Eiler <sei... at eilertech.com> wrote:
> On Apr 16, 8:49 am, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > What's
> > your least favorite aspect of modern comic book stories, the stuff you
> > actively try to avoid in your own work?
>
> 1.  Decompressed storytelling.
>
> 2.  Characters who won't stay dead.  Although I'll allow it if they're
> actually friends with Death.

I agree with you on both counts.  I'm OK with most tropes
-- I can even stand a clone story now and then.  But I
really, really dislike comic book deaths, and I'm pleased that,
as far as I can remember, pretty much everyone who has
died in an LNH story over the years has remained dead.

Of course, this means that I'll have to resurrect all of them
for the upcoming "Beigest Night" crossover...

--Easily-Discovered Man Lite
--Always finding new ways to beat an undead horse