META: Comic Book Tropes You Loathe

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 18 14:57:18 PDT 2010

On Apr 18, 4:59 pm, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:

> > 2. Stupid disuse of powers.  "If only my eco-friendly, dissolving
> > polymer that can hold up tons of material was good for something besides
> > playing Tarzan."
>
> To be fair, that kind of short-sightedness is in character for Peter.

And, technically, he did try to sell his web fluid to some sort of
company when he was hard-up for cash, and was turned down because of
its dissolving properties[*].  (IIRC, somewhere in ASM # 17-19.)

[*-- Mind you, this doesn't gel with the "leave-the-webbing-on-
Jameson's-chair-over-night-so-he-gets-stuck-to-it-hours-later" schtick
back in ASM #... er, I wanna say somewhere in the vicinity of 5-10.]

==Tom