ASH: Coherent Super Stories #20 - Flag Line featuring Rechtigkeit II

Dave Van Domelen dvandom at eyrie.org
Sun Apr 18 13:01:24 PDT 2010

In article <gbz23l0ehcyu$.baxvhl2pwxtc$.dlg at 40tude.net>,
Andrew Perron  <pwerdna at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Herr Stark's
>> costume (http://www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/ASH/gallery/herrstark.JPG) is a
>> deliberate riff on Superman's, a comment on various "Dark Superman"
>> characters like Hank Henshaw.
>
>Is he supposed to be disturbingly misshapen? o.o

     Yes, but there's also the fact that at that time I tended to make elbows
and knees unfeasibly narrow.  In fact, he should probably be even more
muscular, approaching Megaton Man levels.

>>      Brightsword II is more like a Wally West figure, brought up by the
>> predecessor and encouraged to grow into the role.
>
>I'd like to see more of them interacting!

     One of the "gags" for Brightsword II is that she and Lady Lawful II
frequently get mistaken for each other but they never meet.  Rechtigkeit I
and Lady Lawful I worked together a few times, but I leave it up to Andy
whether those legacies met.

     Dave Van Domelen, notes that bleach blondes aren't exactly rare among the
cariocas of Brazil....