[META] [LNH] Sexuality and Assumptions

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 04:25:13 PDT 2009

I just read Legion of Net.Heroes vol. 2 #10, the one that deals with the
possibility of Frat Boy being gay and satirizes the general attitude toward
homosexual characters in comics.

At the end, Frat Boy has meaningless sex with Joyce Carol Oates Lass and
enjoys it; this is declared as proving he's not gay.  Again, this is
obviously part of the parody.  But I find it interesting that neither in
the story itself nor in the discussion that comes after is it mentioned
that Frat Boy is, in fact, obviously bisexual!

>From the story:

>    "I know, I know," said Frat Boy.  "There's only one
> thing I like better than ramming some chick."
>    "What's that?  Drinking?  Watching scramble porn?
> Cow-tipping?"
>    "Getting rammed by some guy."

This is pretty much the definition of bisexuality, after all.

It's interesting, and, to me, indicative of a wider trend:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NoBisexuals

What do you think?

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, who really needs more characters either
way.