[Contest] High Concept #2: Winner

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 3 11:18:38 PDT 2009

On Sep 3, 11:26 am, Andrew Burton <tuglyrai... at aol.com> wrote:
> The winner of the High Concept #2 content is:
>
> Revengers #1 'Generations' by Martin Phipps

I didn't vote for myself.  I swear.

> So, the next person who gets to pick the high concept is Martin Phipps.

Believe it or not, if I had won the first time I would have asked for
a hero who can communicate with animals.  Note that this is not the
same as "intelligent animals" because the animals could be ants or
bees that function as a unit.  We already have Ant Man, Aquaman and
Tarzan as examples of heroes who can communicate with ants, sea
creatures and jungle animals, respectively.   Falcon had a trained
falcon and Kazar had a sabre tooth so those are two more examples from
the comics.  Does your hero have other powers besides the ability to
talk to animals?  Does he talk to all animals or just certain
animals?  Is his power telepathic or something he's learned to do?  Do
the animals he talks to need to have any special training?

I'm surprised I won because I almost completely ignored the
intelligent animals part (although Rover had to be an intelligent
animal to be able to identify the killer I suppose) and just did my
own thing but, hey, this time I can't join in at all so I think it's
fair that I got to do my own thing last time.

Martin