CONTEST: High Concept # 4, Kitbashing

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 28 21:31:24 PDT 2009

I should note that the concept isn't just stealing powers, but could
involve absorbing various objects, a character (robot?) manually
adding parts-- really, any writer can and should interpret the basic
"gestalt hero/kitbashing" theme as broadly as they'd like.

> Another recurring theme on Heroes was people getting visions of "the
> future" and then spending the whole season trying to prevent it. They
> used that gimmick three seasons in a row.

That's probably why I've avoided it so far. :-)

I don't have much love anymore for X-Men and its endless subplot-
itis.  I do, however, have fond memories of watching THE TOMORROW
PEOPLE, though I can't remember anything about the show itself other
than the brief outline you recounted.

==Tom