LNH: Contest: Legion of Net.Heroes Volume 2 #31

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 22:24:16 PST 2009

On Nov 25, 9:20 pm, Saxon Brenton <saxonbren... at hotmail.com> wrote:
> [LNH][Contest] Legion of Net.Heroes Volume 2 #31

AKA High Concept Theater!

>      The Wildly Improbable LISP Based Urbane Robot obviously had some
> advance warning of events, since he suddenly announced, "Red alert.
> Hostile AI detected.  All Legionnaires to red alert.  This is not a
> drill."   His voice echoed as it was broadcast over the public address
> system throughout the rest of the Legion of Net.Heroes-HQ.  Or at least

Oddly enough, on Google Groups, the message cuts off here.  There's an
extra empty line on the pipermail archive, so I suspect there was a
weird character in there.  Anyway.

> "Unity is not merely a
> malevolent AI.  She is the internet itself, gained self-awareness and
> turned Evil.

Oooooo.  ...I assume this is the in-universe Internet, rather than the
fourth-wall-breaking kind.  Also, has she appeared before?

>      "Are you familiar with the phrase, 'The internet is for porn'?"

Heeheeheehee.

>     "This is where I will need your help in killing my daughter,"

Wait, I thought that was the second High Concept. ``

Anyway, good times, but a bit dry.  Needed more confrontation, maybe
some lascivious Internet-lady lines.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, who, apropos of nothing, liked the
happy ending of Little Shop of Horrors better.