[META] Tips for tracking plot lines

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu Nov 19 13:32:07 PST 2009

On Nov 18, 8:29 pm, rickhindle <rickhin... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Any tips out there for tracking characters/story threads?  I'm trying
> to make sense of the somewhat complicated continuity I've created for
> myself in Thunderclap (#16 will be out...someday) and I'm looking for
> tips/hints/strategies that have worked for y'all in the past.

I sometimes come up with Excel spreadsheets listing my major
characters, organized by faction.  When I need a character, the list
can remind me.

I also have a spreadsheet for my favorite story of each month and
year.  It's good to remind me (for instance) what the #3!! I was
writing last year this time.  I can also spot story trends.  It seems
my stories are following a three-year intensity cycle, so I have every
reason to expect a big year in 2010.