LNH: Pollen Corrupts? (pic)

Dave Van Domelen dvandom at eyrie.org
Tue May 5 06:31:55 PDT 2009

In article <BAY105-W12128FA443836B30FDBAB0CA690 at phx.gbl>,
Saxon Brenton  <saxonbrenton at hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Tuesday 5th May 2009 Dave Van Domelen wrote:
>> Back during my abandoned attempt to create my own LNH2, I was heavily
>> influenced by the Nobilis RPG with its flower code. There was no
>> flower for"corruption" and I really wanted to make Acton Lord out
>> like Noble from thatgame, so I did some symbology research and
>> settled on Nigella damascena("Love in the Mist") as the best fit.
>
>I dunno, I got as far as 'no flower for corruption' and immediately
>thought "Rafflesia!"

     Perhaps, but I was researching existing flower code stuff, rather than
starting from scratch.  Nobilis has an extensive flower code section, but the
concept has been around for a long time ("You must wear your rue with a
difference!"), and there's a LOT of stuff out there.  Rafflesia may simply be
too new to the game to have acquired any mystic rep among European-descended
mystics.

     On a related note, I decided to make Acton Lord up yesterday as a
Radiation/Thermal Corruptor on City of Villains (Virtue server) and farmed
him up to L24 last night.  http://www.dvandom.com/CoX/covacton2.JPG has him
with a slightly better cape (he started with the Valkyrie cape I got as part
of an add-on pack I bought, change the 2 to a 1 to see that).

     Dave Van Domelen, figures farming is an empowering corruption of the
game, so it fit perfectly.