LNH: Pollen Corrupts? (pic)

Saxon Brenton saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
Mon May 4 23:36:34 PDT 2009

On Tuesday 5th May 2009 Dave Van Domelen wrote:
> Back during my abandoned attempt to create my own LNH2, I was heavily
> influenced by the Nobilis RPG with its flower code. There was no
> flower for"corruption" and I really wanted to make Acton Lord out
> like Noble from thatgame, so I did some symbology research and
> settled on Nigella damascena("Love in the Mist") as the best fit.

I dunno, I got as far as 'no flower for corruption' and immediately
thought "Rafflesia!"

Rafflesia arnoldii always sticks in my mind because it's such an unusal
and gorgeously macrabe plant in so many ways, many of which would have
made it appropriate as another correspondance like you were looking for.

A parasitic plant growing in the jungles of Indonesia, it lives entirely
within its host until it flowers, then puts out what is believed to be
the largest flower on Earth.  And best of all, because it uses flies
and carrion beetles for pollination it uses an appearance and scent
like that of rotting meat.

http://www.lostworldarts.com/asia/rafflesia_2.htm

---
Saxon Brenton