[META] RACC Facts

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 21:42:52 PDT 2009

I was just looking over the group information on Google Groups for
rec.arts.comics.creative, and I noticed some interesting trends.

First of all, the months with the most posts were August 1997 and
February 1998, with over 500 each. This was rare, though; no other
months got over 400, and only five got over 300. The months with the
least posts were December 2003 and January 2004, with 11 each.

As we all know, posting slowed down in the late 90s, but it was a
slower slide than most would think. While the first double-digit month
was May 1997, this was a fluke (as mentioned, the highest months on
record were still to come). Late 1998 featured two double-digit
months, and the last five months of 1999 were all under 100. The only
years without triple-digit months were 2003 and 2004. Posting actually
increased after that; both 2006 and 2007 had only three double-digit
months.

In summary, it's interesting; I had gotten the impression we were on a
continuous downward slide, but we're really not. Let's see what 2009
brings, eh?

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, 2008 was lower than 2007 but
higher than 2005.