META: Notes on a Genre I Love

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 07:18:47 PDT 2009

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 04:23:40 +0000 (UTC), Martin Phipps
<martinphipps2 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Mar 10, 11:00 pm, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:

>> But that's the thing.  Not all comic book villains are at that level.
>> Many are just superpowered thieves or whatnot.  Just like real-life
>> criminals - just like real-life people in general - there's a lot of
>> variation.
>
>Yeah, but a lot of the "superpowered thieves" were really silly.  I
>mean, I like Stilt Man but he was silly: all you had to do to beat him
>was knock him over.

a.) Well, yeah, but not *all* of them were.  Parasite, for instance,
is about on that level, and he's always been a credible threat.
b.) My point was, after all, that silly isn't necessarily bad.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, Stilt-Man is sillier than most,
mind.