RACCies: 2008 Official RACCies ballot [seconde posting]

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 6 18:53:13 PST 2009

Lalo Martins wrote:
> quoth Arthur Spitzer as of Fri, 06 Mar 2009 22:19:36 +0000:
>> So far I've gotten 4 ballots.

Technically five counting my own...

> Hmm ok.  I guess I'm going to vote, but out of tradition, just so we can
> say we ran the RACCies uninterrupted for however many years.

Vote if you want... I'll post the results even if this is all I get.

It's next year's RACCies that's in question...

I guess that's up to Andrew Perron or someone else... this is my last one...

I do need some joke special award type awards... haven't gotten any of
those yet...

> The truth is, I tried to care about them, and failed.  With the number of
> people we have active around here, and especially with the number of
> people voting on this thing, it's hard to ... hmm... I was going to say
> "take it seriously", but it's not supposed to be taken seriously anyway,
> so, I guess "take it kinda-seriously-to-some-extent"?  Or something.

It's a popularity contest... voted by usually less than ten people (well
  12 voted last year)... probably meant more back in the McCoskey days...

But it's probably better than winning nothing...

> best,
>                                                Lalo Martins

Arthur "Major Lee Serious..." Spitzer