RACCies: 2008 Official RACCies ballot [seconde posting]

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 6 14:19:36 PST 2009

So far I've gotten 4 ballots.

Still have till March 31st to vote...

The Nominations are closed...

Feel free to keep sending me special award stuff.

Considering that I'll probably be mired in Beige Midnight I doubt I'll
have any time to write a RACCies award ceremony thingee, so if anyone
wants to write one contact me...

==========

      The RACCIES are a two-step process:

       1.  Nominations.  Closed.

       2.  Elections.  Crunch time.  Pick three and rank them 1,2,3
      (no self-voting).  Track and field scoring in effect -- ie 1st is
      5pts, 2nd is 3pts and 3rd is 1pt.  Most points wins. Democracy
      in action!

           Election Period ends: MAR 31 2009

       NOTE:  Please return all nominations and ballots to the preferred
       email address of:
          arspitzer at earthlink.net
          (arspitzer at earthlink.net)

       ========================== clip & return =====================

       RACC1.  FAVORITE WRITER:

Saxon Brenton
Andrew Burton
Mitchell "Tarq" Crouch
Greg Fishbone
Frumpy
Lalo Martins
Nicholas O'Connor
Martin Phipps
Rob Rogers
Tom Russell
Arthur Spitzer
Dave Van Domelen

       RACC2.  FAVORITE ONGOING SERIES:  as billed, not implemented

58.5 (LNH)
ASH (ASH)
Derek Radner's Private Journal (ASH)
Jolt City (8FOLD)
Lady Lawful & Doctor Developer (LNH)
Legion of Net.Heroes Vol. 2 (LNH)
Possum-Man: Relinquished (LNH)
Sporkman (SG)

       RACC3.  FAVORITE MINI-SERIES:  12 issues or less, including one-shots

Beige Countdown (LNH)
Beige Midnight (LNH)
Silver-Age Superfreaks (Superfreaks)

       RACC4.  FAVORITE ARC: multi-issue storyline that is NOT RACC3

"Imperium Hex," Beige Midnight #1-3 (LNH)
"The Sensational Character Find of 2007," Jolt City (8FOLD)

       RACC5.  FAVORITE SINGLE ISSUE:

Beige Countdown #10 (LNH in space by Rob Rogers) (LNH)
Beige Countdown #5 (Bicycle Repair Lad vs. Hex Luthor) (LNH)
Beige Countdown #1 (Ultimate Ninja and Lady Heartthrob) (LNH)
Derek Radner's Private Journal #2 (All About Evil) (ASH)
Legion of Net.Heroes Vol. 2 #27 (Super Gorilla Krodd vs. the Hyphenated
Eaters Corps) (LNH)

       RACC6.  FAVORITE HERO/PROTAGONIST:

Doctor Developer
Fearless Leader
Fuzzy
Possum Man
Ripping Dancer
Self-Righteous Preacher

       RACC7.  FAVORITE VILLAIN/ANTAGONIST:

Bart the Receptionist
Derek Radner/Triton
Duck McMuck
Hex Luthor
Irony Man
RobGoblin
Threadbear

       RACC8.  FAVORITE SUPPORTING CHARACTER:

Derek Mason
Ripping Dancer
Wikiboy

       RACC9.  FAVORITE NEW CHARACTER:

First person Shooter Man
Twitter

       RACC10.  FAVORITE PARODY/COMEDY:  series or one-shot
                across all imprints

Legion of Net.Heroes Vol. 2
Possum Man

       RACC11.  FAVORITE ACRAPHOBE/ADULT OFFERING:  ditto, but serious

Jolt City
New Exarchs

       RACC12.  FAVORITE REVIEW TITLE:

End-Of-Month Reviews
Russell's Reviews

       RACC13.  FAVORITE STORY UNIVERSE:

8FOLD
ASH
The Frumpyverse
LNH
NTB
Superfreaks
Superguy

       RACC14.  FAVORITE PERSON WHO HANGS OUT ON RACC:

Russ 'Eagle' Allbery
Saxon Brenton
Mitchell "Tarq" Crouch
Rob Rogers
Tom Russell
Arthur Spitzer
Dave Van Domelen

       RACC15.  BEST DISCUSSION:  by thread, not instigator

"Writer's Block and Crazy-Ass Ideas,"
"The Problem of Fourth-Wall Breaking,"
"The Problem With Dialogue."

       RACC16.  FAVORITE RUNNING GAG:

Multiple Bicycle Repair Fronts (LNH)
Dave's use of Rush albums as issue titles. (ASH)
Mr. Paprika 'Now that's a man's pop!'
People protesting in story about the lateness of Beige Midnight (LNH)

       RACC17.  MOST IMPROVED AUTHOR:  from 1 JAN 2008 to present

Saxon Brenton
Mitchell "Tarq" Crouch
Lalo Martins
Martin Phipps
Rob Rogers
Tom Russell
Arthur Spitzer
Dave Van Domelen

       RACC18.  FAVORITE NEW WRITER:  first RACC posting from 1
                JAN 2008

Nicholas O'Conner

       RACC19.  FAVORITE NEW TITLE:  same as RACC 2, issue #1 from

First person Shooter Man

     THE RABBIT-BREEDERS CUP -- Awarded to the most prolific writer in this
                or _any_ amateur fiction forum.  We're measuring volume,
folks.

Tom Russell
Lalo Martins
Martin Phipps
Arthur Spitzer
Dave Van Domelen

     THE JOHNNY SAKO "COME BACK GIANT ROBOT, COME BACK" LOVING CUP --
           for the RACC Writer that is most sorely missed

Jeff "Drizzt" Barnes
Hubert Bartles
Raymond "wReam" Bingham
Jamas Enright
J.O.S.Hartung
Jessica Ihimaera-Smiler
Abhay Khosla
Todd "Scavenger" Kogutt
Lalo Martins
Jeff McCoskey
Peter Milan
Ben Rawluk
Rob Rogers
Jamie Rosen
Matt "Badger" Rossi
Marc Singer
Gary St. Lawrence

     THE IMAGE TESTIMONIAL TIMEPIECE (BATTERIES NOT INCLUDED) --
           For that author whose works are most consistently late.

Arthur Spitzer

     THE "SPIDER SPINS!" LITTLE LULU WEB PAGE AWARD -- for the
                favorite RACC-related web page

     Dave's ASH Archives (http://www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/ASH/)
     The Eyrie (http://www.eyrie.org/)
     Lalo's Archive  (http://www.lnhq.info/archives/)
     LNH Eyrie Homepage (http://www.eyrie.org/lnh/)
     LNH Facebook page (?)
     LNH webcomic
(http://www.webcomicsnation.com/arspitzer/lnhwebcomic/series.php)
     LNH wiki (http://www.lnhq.info/wiki/Main_Page)
     LNH Wikipedia entry
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legion_of_Net._Heroes)
     The new and improved Superguy Autocollector at (www.eyrie.org/superguy)
     Wil's Ego (http://www.wilsego.com/racc/)

              **For RACC4, include issue numbers, if known**

              **For RACC5, include short blurb that identifies issue**

Arthur "RACC the Vote!" Spitzer