LNH: Easily-Discovered Man # 50 (1/2)

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 00:10:14 PDT 2009

I don't usually post reviews, but since Rob clearly needs encouragement
to write, I'll make an exception.

This was an outstandingly awesome issue, a sample of all we've come to
like in a Rogers work.  It's funny and it's LNH; I laughed out loud
(scare-the-neighbours-loud) a number of times.  But it's not comedy.
It's a proper story, with development and actual stuff happening; and,
something Rob doesn't usually indulge in, actual character development as
well.  (There's even a reflection on character development on comics in
the beginning.  As much as these reflections are fun when Dvandom,
Martin, Tom, or myself post them as discussions, IMO they work a lot
better as part of a story.)

It's also suddenly rooted in everything else that's going on in the
Looniverse, and that was fun to read as well.  When you don't post often,
it's easy to fall prey to the fear of disjointed continuity, and avoid
interacting with other stuff; but then you miss out on one of the reasons
you started writing on a shared universe to begin with.  This issue feels
a lot like EDM "caught up" with the rest of the Looniverse and is now in
sync again, let's see for how long.

Now if only the stars remain aligned just right, we may, who knows, see
an issue of Limp-Asparagus Lad soon... or even (gasp!) Writers Block
Woman!  Hey, I can dream...

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
--