[PLUG] LNHQ archives

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 22:27:50 PDT 2009

Just pushed EDM to the archives, and it occurred to me.

DID YOU KNOW... that on LNHQ, each series and each author have their own
Atom feed, which you can put on Google Reader, iGoogle, or your feed
client of preference?

If you're using a recent browser, when you navigate the series (or issue)
page or author page, you'll see the feed icon (on Firefox it appears on
the end of the address bar).  You can just click that to preview the feed
and get its address.  OR you can figure out the address yourself; if the
series is at http://www.lnhq.info/archives/easily-discovered-man/ then
the feed is at http://www.lnhq.info/archives/+atom/easily-discovered-man/
(insert /+atom before the last component).

For an author, you can use the same procedure of looking for the feed
icon on the address bar; or just append "/issues.atom" to the author's
page address.  Unfortunately, authors don't have a page by default,
unless they bothered to sign up, and right now that means only me ;-)
(I decided against creating pages by default because I was concerned some
people could see that as a privacy threat.)

Now you ask... I read on the newsgroup, so why should I bother?  Ah, but
that's you!  A feed, however, allows you to share stories with people who
wouldn't normally come to Usenet; you can use the feed to list your
recent stories on a box in your blog, for example, or integrate to
Facebook, or Twitter!  (I do for mine...)

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
--
          Now go and make your dreams inevitable.