[LNH] Legion of Net.Heroes Volume 2 #29

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 19:51:32 PDT 2009

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 21:16:02 +0000 (UTC), Saxon Brenton wrote:

Responding To Old Stories Theater! (Too Lazy To Write An Issue Of Kid
Review Theater!)

>      Damn the impressively muscled dog boy chest and the deep and sexy
> voice it produced, cursed Brad.

Awwwww yeah.

> Hah, the furry juice might not give a superhuman level of
> fitness like some of the full-on supersoldier serums, but he hardly
> needed something as expensive as One Hour Wonder to make a cross-suburb
> dash in only a few minutes.

Mmmmm, referring to names without context.  Precious worldbuilding. <3

>      Inside was a congregation being led by the Sisters of Perpetual
> Indulgence, who were practising the new and controversial practice of
> vicarious baptism of the dead.  After biographical research of deceased
> bigots from ultra-conservative Jewish, Christian and Muslim denominations,
> they were baptising them so that they could be gay in the afterlife.
> Because, well, you know: ultra-conservative Jews, Christians and Muslims.

Harsh.

> Author's Notes:
>      This story is Rob Roger's fault.  No, really.  IIRC in an email I once
> tried to sum up the eclectic nature of the Looniverse with all the types of
> weirdos living in Net.ropolis, by giving an example that you couldn't tell
> whether that hairy dog guy over there was a werewolf, a canid alien, a
> mutant, or someone who'd taken a drug to turn into a dog boy as part of
> the furry scene.

Yeah, that's pretty accurate, and one of the aspects I love.

> Rob advised me that I really didn't want to go there (and
> to explain obligingly supplied a link to a description of how sad furrys
> were).

*you insert a rant about how they're no weirder than any other subculture,
I'm bored*

>      One notable exception is Peter David, who took the mandated events
> of the so-called Decimation in the X-Books and actually explored the
> implications in his _X-Factor_ comic.  It was this example that I was
> thinking of when I started writing the Intermezzo stories.  Some of it
> worked, some of it didn't, and some of it could have been benefitted from
> further stories to explore the ideas properly, but most of it was a lot
> of fun.

Man.  So awesome.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, X-Factor = the win.