[REVIEW] End of Month Reviews #66 - June 2009 [spoilers]

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Tue Jul 14 08:36:29 PDT 2009

On Jul 12, 6:30 pm, Saxon Brenton <saxonbren... at hotmail.com> wrote:

>      Rather than recreate all four posts for the high concept contest,
> I'll just focus on one and also use it as a dumping ground for general
> observations.  _The Forgotten Vigilante_ gets the nod as the venue
> because as far as I can determine this is author Scott Eiler's first
> story on rec.arts.comics.creative, which also means that he's eligible
> for the door prize in the 'Best new Writer' category at next year's
> RACCies awards.

Yep, it's my first story here.   Thanks for the review.  I often
rewrite my stories, so no review will go to waste.

I see you have some questions for my Forgotten One.  And he's still
sitting there at http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2009/journal.htm#forgotten,
in front of a master interviewer.  So, let's ask him!

I didn't know what to say to my grandfather - assuming that's what he
really was. But I did know to continue the interview... "Where do you
think this power came from?"

"I do not know. Always assumed it was curse from God. But not as much
curse as Nazis were."

"Why did you hunt the Nazis, after you escaped from them?"

"Was easier than hunting the curse from God. And I needed to hunt
something or go mad."

Nobody has ever explained the presence of superhuman powers on our
world. The best guesses are, our Earth has a mystery mineral in a
mystery part of space that supernatural beings like to patronize, and
all these things can confer superhuman powers. I can't expect Edouard
Morowiecz to know where his powers come from, when all our modern
experts still don't know. He may simply be an early case.