[LNH] 58.5 #45: Who Cares If Anyone Reads This, I'm Going to Finish It!

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 16:32:57 PST 2009

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 23:39:35 +0000 (UTC), Lalo Martins
<lalo.martins at gmail.com> wrote:

>quoth Andrew Perron as of Fri, 27 Feb 2009 19:46:14 +0000:

>> Using "BTW" in dialogue makes the baby Ultimate Savior cry.
>
>That's character-correct.  I have friends who use "BTW" (and "IRL" and of
>course "LOL" and "OMG") in spoken conversation, and Pantra is that kind
>of person.

Ohhhhhhh, I see what you're doing.  I thought you were just
abbreviating her saying "by the way".   I use WTF myself!  It's cool,
but if you do that, you should capitalize it (like I did in my
comment, thus obscuring what, exactly, I was complaining about).

>Interesting with the LOL, some people pronounce it like "lol", others
>"L.O.L."...

The first I'd spell out as "lawl", just to make sure readers got that
it wasn't the letters.

>>>"Ah.  Well.  I'm looking for an universe."
>>
>> A universe. `` The word begins with a vowel, but not a vowel sound.
>
>Really?  That's new to me.  Anyway, I'll stick with "Fodder said it that
>way", since I've seen it spoken both ways :-) (only apparently I was
>wrong about which one is correct.)

Fair enough~

>>>"My universe isn't dead", Green corrected.  "Just Earth."
>>
>> Really. O.o How does that work? He's from the Legion of Occult Heroes'
>> universe, right?
>
>Actually, I may be wrong about that. I should go back and check my LOH
>back-issues.  But at least on his universe (LOH-of-LNH2), there is *some*
>life, since Cannon Fodder (now Savior) is alive, and, well, the existence
>of Green him/herself means life as a concept is still around.

Hmmmmm.  Possibly, non-intelligent life could survive the lack of
drama; of course, IIRC, we saw plants and stuff dying in LOH (I really
need to re-read that too), so... hmmm.

>>>"There is no fish in the lake", said one of the soldiers.
>>
>> Are no fish. ``
>
>eh, I'm going to disagree on this one :-)

You'd say "is no fish" if you were talking about a single, specific
fish.  If you're talking about fish in general, you'd say "are no
fish". >.>

>> Overall, good,
>
>thanks!

^-^

>> though it suffers from "reacting to the last chapter and
>> setting up the next one" syndrome.
>
>Yeah I feel that :-/  I guess I tend to do that when I return to a story
>after not writing it for a long time.  Kind of reacquainting myself with
>what I was doing and planning.  (I had the recap thing on the top, then I
>read the issue and figured it was redundant, heh.)  I suppose on some
>level it's good, since anyone who's reading can use it to remember what
>was going on as well, and set up for what follows.

It's true, it's true.  Really, it's something that's hard to help,
given your self-imposed word limits.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, and now...