LNH: 58.5 #45 Who Cares If Anyone Reads This, I'm Going To Finish It!

Eagle eagle at eyrie.org
Fri Feb 27 16:12:55 PST 2009

Lalo Martins <lalo.martins at gmail.com> writes:
> quoth Eagle as of Fri, 27 Feb 2009 23:34:56 +0000:

>> Except, I'm afraid, there are.  There are nul characters in your
>> message (ASCII 0) which aren't allowed in either e-mail messages or
>> news messages and which cause a lot of systems to terminate the message
>> at that point.

> Ah, thanks for the clarification/CSI.  That's rather bizarre, I wonder
> where they came from -- I can't find any in the original file.  hmm...

I've seen this with more people than just you, but I never could work out
what was happening.  Saxon has this problem a lot too, but usually has
other high-bit characters that cause the message to get held up for
moderation and I then strip them out manually.

I probably need to fix the moderation software to remove nul characters,
but haven't had any time to look at it.

--
Russ Allbery (eagle at eyrie.org)              <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>