[LNH] Higher Education in Net.ropolis

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 08:13:46 PST 2009

On Feb 25, 12:35 am, "Saxon Brenton" <Saxon.Bren... at uts.edu.au> wrote:
> On Weds 25/Feb/09 Andrew asked:
>
> > Can anyone tell me if there are universities in Net.ropolis other than
> > Net.ropolis U and Dave Thomas Deluxe? I know Saxon spoke about some
> > ideas he had back in, like, 2004...
>
> The third one I've mentioned is Calisota State U., named after the state
> that Duckburg exists in.  My design philosophy of Net.roplis is that if
> it's such a freaking huge city, then there will no doubt be scores upon
> scores of universities, colleges, and technical schools of various sizes
> and types.

Makes sense, makes sense.

> Since Net.ropolis U has the same city naming rights, it's
> probably the first and biggest/most prestigious, with Oxford/Cambridge
> style ivy-covered buildings in a huge open campus somewhere near the
> city centre, because being so old it was able to acquire the land back
> before urban development was quite so dog-eat-dog.

Plus, it's the most expensive! I wonder if it'd be part of the actual
Ivy League...

> My gut instinct is that Dave Thomas U probably dates from just after
> WW2, and is mainly housed in ugly mid-20th century Brutalist style
> buildings.

Hmmmmmm.  This also makes sense, but note that Wendy's itself wasn't
founded until 1969.

> Calisto State is a branch campus, with the main campus back on the west
> coast.

And it probably also has a more general cirriculum, since the other
two seem to be focused more on comic book science and fast food,
respectively.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, hmmmmmmmmm.