SW09: December 2009 #2: The Book of Ends

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 13:52:28 PST 2009

On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 02:36:52 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

Hmmmmm.  You know, I think that, even in this summarized format, you need
more detail; as it stands, even as an IC report with he proper context,
this would be a bit confusing.

>     * They've started training their colonists to interact with
> Earthlings. Their instructional video uses the robots to show all the
> ways people can die here. They called it "The Book of Ends". Someone
> got that video and put it on YouTube. It's a hit. (18 Dec)

Like, why is it a hit?  At first, I thought it was because everyone was
looking at it because they were worried about the Trillions analyzing how
to kill humans, but when I reread, it mentioned at the top that it was
funny.

>     * For the moment, the Earth is closer to the Sun than usual.
> Everyone's celebrating Summer in December right now. Next year, we'll
> see what happens when June and December are both out near the orbit of
> Mars. We might need an old-Earth 365-day calendar alongside a new-
> Earth 520-day one. Mayas did that, so there's precedent. I sense a
> really big holiday coming along in 520 days... that is to say, June of
> old year 2011, New Year's Day of new year 2.

So its orbit is still changing, or...?

> The rogue
> nation of Tuvalu also loaned their superhumans (mostly pirate
> vampires) to the world survival effort.

Wait what.  More about pirate vampires, please. o.o

How'd a German war criminal become a small-time American politician? @-@

> Next year we'll see how well Earth survives when it goes out toward
> Mars and the crops don't grow. Let's hope we get some comic-book super-
> science going - and for once use it to save us all.

Good note to go out on!

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, moar worldbuilding