CONTEST: High Concept # 5 - Anachronoid

Dave Van Domelen dvandom at eyrie.org
Sat Dec 5 23:09:54 PST 2009

     Thanks to all who voted for me!  And here's the new contest, which I've
been saving up for a while.  :)

     You may be familiar with the comic Atomic Robo, about a robot built by
Nikola Tesla who then had adventures throughout the decades up to the present
day.  And odds are you know the story of Captain America, a man out of time
who spent decades on ice and then had to adapt to a world not his own.
     For High Concept #5, cross those concepts.  A constructed person created
before WWII (technological or mystical, either's fine) spends an extended
period offline, waking up after WWII.  Exactly how much time is spent offline
is up to you, but should be enough that the protagonist reactivates to a
world that's different in some important respect (if only "you missed out on
WWII, dude").  In short, an Anachronoid.

     Dave Van Domelen, has about half of ASH #102 written and has figured out
the hook for #103.  So his plate is full anyway.