META/LNH: Taz.net.ia (among other things)

Mitchell Crouch mitchell_crouch at caladrius.com.au
Tue Dec 1 16:56:12 PST 2009

On Dec 2, 11:38 am, Saxon Brenton <saxonbren... at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Okay, two points:
>
> One. I created the gazetteer and IIRC I'm pretty sure I simply made up
> the name 'Taz.net.ia' in homage to the Warner Bros cartoon 'Tazmania'.
> Also IIRC, I don't think the gag ever go used beyond that.

Schweet.

> Two. Mate, what in the world makes you think that just because a particular
> name may have appeared in one story keeps you from using a different name
> in another?  For example, Jamas, Dvandom and myself all use different
> names for Philadelphia.  You want to use something different, then go
> for it.  Heck, if you want, you can think up every single variation and
> then use them all in the same story.  I'm not going to complain.

TBH, I've already started writing with 'T.alt.smania', but I wanted to
make sure no one was going to feel like I'd just rewritten their most
beloved literary child. =P The Philadelphia thing is a good point.
Expect a teaser shortly, and hopefully I'll have finished the arc by
Christmas.

> Saxon Brenton
> "Kids these days.  Just not anarchic enough, I tell you."

xD
~Mitchell.