WWW: "Making The Continentals"

Darryl Hughes the-deeman at webtv.net
Wed Aug 5 10:26:03 PDT 2009

  This is is a webcomic for lovers of mystery, detective, adventue and
steampunk.

  As a follow up to our first collaboration, the scifi adventure
"G.A.A.K: Groovy Ass Alien Kreatures", my partner Monique MacNaughton
and I have decided to try something a little different and A LOT darker
with our upcoming project, the mystery/adventure web graphic novel "The
Continentals: That shape am I":

  1889. Barely a year after the mysterious Jack the Rippers murderous
rampage and equally mysterious disappearance the city of Mansfordshire,
England is shaken by a series of brutal "mangling" murders that plunge
the city into an abyss of fear.

  Investigating the case, Continental Operatives Jeffrey Tiffen Smythe
and his partner the gender bending adventuress lady Fiona Fiziwigg
uncover the threads that bind the murderer, his victims, the highest
echelons of society, it's lowest dregs, and even the police officers
investigating the case in a tangled web of mystery, adventure, intrigue,
and murder that is like Sherlock Holmes, mixed with equal parts of the
60's tv show "The Avengers", with a dash of James Bond for flavor.

  What we're showing now is the behind the scenes comic "Making The
Continentals" which will feature character profiles, story insights,
19th century designs (architecture, fashion, etc), "making the page"
teasers, and a multi page preview all leading up to the debut of "The
Continentals" on August 31st.

We hope that you'll join us for the ride.

Dee

The Continentals
http://www.webcomicsnation.com/moniquem/continentals/series.php