LNH: 58.5 #49: Cannon Fodder Triumphant

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 03:56:15 PDT 2009

quoth Andrew Perron as of Tue, 07 Apr 2009 05:36:39 +0000:
> On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 02:50:28 +0000 (UTC), Arthur Spitzer
> <arspitzer at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>I had assumed that Vector Sublime was created in either BC #9-8 or
>>before BC #7.  Maybe she time traveled back to Infinite April or it's
>>some clone of Vector Sublime or a fake or something, but for now I'm
>>going to assume she was created around the time of Beige Countdown.
>>
>>I'm not sure about her power limits, but I'll assume during Beige
>>Midnight that she's the most powerful Vector clone that's active during
>>that time period.
>
> Dangit, now it doesn't make *any* sense.

Hehe, let me clarify *my* intentions then.

First, it became clear to me that Arthur and I were *not* writing the
same character.

Then -- although I apparently know less about Rob's plans for Vector than
Arthur -- as I developed the (my) character, it became clear to me, from
the hints I got about those plans, that they would probably clash with
what I did as well.

I could have just left it all for Rob to sort it out.  But after Arthur
started calling her Sublime in BM, I had this idea for a story with a
confrontation between the two of them, and I thought it would be cool.

Prime, on the other hand...

The LNH, and yes, even Paraddox, Empress, and Sublime, believe her to be
cured.  Ultimately, whether that's true, or that's never been the case
and is a lie, or that has been the case once but was reverted -- it's up
to Rob, since that's his character.

Meanwhile, until such time as Rob finds time to write, we have a story
that more or less works, and even, if you tilt your head in the correct
angle, vaguely resembles consistency.

Of course, since Arthur created the Sublime in BC/BM, he's free to
dislike my origin story and retcon it away.  I did my best :-)

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
--
          Now go and make your dreams inevitable.