LNH: 58.5 #48: Warning, Giant Marshmallow Puppies Inside

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 1 05:01:07 PDT 2009

On Mar 31, 9:04 pm, Lalo Martins <lalo.mart... at gmail.com> wrote:

> April 404.  Washing.net.ton DC.
>
> "Oh my, oh my, those are some LARGE puppies", said Fan Boy.
>
> "An average 50 meters from paw to shoulder, large enough to
> cause considerable damage simply by stepping on things",
> Analytic analyzed.
>
> "They're so adooooooooooooooorable!", squeed Bandwagon Chick.
>
> "They're a klick away, but I can feel the sugar rush from here.
> And the smell is overpowering", said Contraption Boy.
>
> "This is ridiculous", said Blackbird.  "How do we fight
> something like that?"
>
> "Don't look at me", Howie K. said.  "I don't like puppies even
> at regular size."
>
> "How about we roast them?", asked Dramatic Pause Lass.  "I
> suppose..." she thought for a moment, tapping her chin with her
> fingers.  "I guess we could set up a fire that size."
>
> "You want to roast a litter of puppies?", asked Tree-Hugging
> Kid, horrified.  "Come on, Fran, they're *puppies*!"
>
> "They're giant monstrosities about to flatten ALL-CAPS Hill",
> she answered.
>
> "And they're made of marshmallow", Howie K. contributed.
>
> "Doesn't matter", said Contraption Boy.  "It's impractical
> anyway.  We *could* have a fire that size, but it would do about
> as much damage as the puppies would otherwise."
>
> "Aren't they adorable?", Bandwagon Chick asked.
>
> "Mortally", pondered Analytic.

Okay, I'll read this later but, frankly, I already see a tremendous
improvement over previous issues: you're starting with each character
reacting to something the reader hasn't "seen" yet so this is
intriguing and, at the same time, you get a hint of each character's
personality.  Very, very well done.

Martin