LNH: Beige Countdown #10 (4/4)

EDMLite robrogers72 at gmail.com
Thu May 29 22:14:00 PDT 2008

                         ===+++===

     "This doesn't look like a spaceship," Parking Karma Kid
said, kicking up a cloud of dust from the spongy gray soil
beneath his feet.  "It definitely has more of a planet-y feel
to it."

     "Who gave the order to activate the transmatter?" Ultimate
Ninja asked.

     "None of us did," Ordinary Lady replied.  "There must have
been some kind of a glitch with the computer.  Deja Dude should
have us back within minutes."

     "I sure hope so," Girlwatcher said, staring through his
binoculars.  "Although it doesn't look like there's anything
dangerous out here... just those high, curving mountains in the
distance..."

     "It might help," Cynical Lass said, "if you pointed those
things away from my chest."

     "Oh.  Right," said Girlwatcher, blushing through his
helmet as he faced the opposite direction.  "Now it's just gray,
gray, gray as far as the eye can see."

     "Obscure Trivia Lad knows this place," said Obscure Trivia
Lad, letting a handful of the planet's dusty soil fall through
his metal fingers.  "Obscure Trivia Lad has been here once
before.  During the Flame Wars."

     "I recognize it too," Ultimate Ninja said, just as
Girlwatcher saw the first flickering orange eyes appearing on
the horizon.  "And that means we're all in trouble."

                         ===+++===

     Tick.

     Tick.

     Tick.
                         ===+++===

    LEGION ROLL CALL:

    California Kid.... Dan'l Danehy-Oakes

    Captain Continuity.... Jeff "Drizzt" Barnes and Robert
    "Mystic Mongoose" Armstrong

    Captain Rat Creature.... Saxon Brenton

    Cheesecake-Eater Lad.... Matthew Jotham Millheiser

    Cynical Lass, Easily-Discovered Man Lite and Substitute Lad
    .... Rob Rogers

    Deja Dude, Linguist Lass and Ordinary Lady.... Martin Phipps

    Drabble Girl... Jessica Ihimaera-Smiler

    Gaffer.... J.O.S.Hartung

    Girlwatcher.... Chris Gumprich

    Innovative-Offense Boy and Steak-and-Potatoes Man
    .... John "upLink" Scheibeler

    Kid Kirby.... H. Jameel al Khafiz

    Minority Miss.... Lalo Martins

    No Sense Of Direction Man.... Steven Howard

    Obnoxious Ame.rec.a Boy.... Jamas Enright

    Obscure Trivia Lad.... Brian Perler

    Obsessive Compulsive Boy.... Mitchell "Tarq" Crouch

    Pants Rabbit Lad.... Tom Russell

    Parking Karma Kid.... Steve Simmons

    Skunk Girl.... Ted "Arsenal" Brock

    Special Bonding Boy and Ultimate Ninja
    .... Ray "wReam" Bingham

    Tour Guide Girl.... Mike Escutia

    You're Not Hitting Me Hard Enough Lad.... Arthur Spitzer

    SPECIAL GUEST VILLAINS:

    Arthur E.L. Presence.... Steven Howard

    Barrage, Londonbroil, Plummet and Vector Prime
    .... Rob Rogers

    The Christicantthinkofagoodname Empire, Mynabird, The Legion
    of Net.Villains, Plum Master and the Robot Duplicates
    .... Arthur Spitzer

    The Meow Meow Gang.... Dave Van Domelen

    Merissa.... Saxon Brenton

    More information on these and other characters at:
    www.lnhq.info/wiki

    MUSIC:

    "Love Serenade" written and performed by Barry White

    "Welcome to the Jungle" written by Axl Rose and Slash
    and performed by Guns n' Roses

    "Never Gonna Give You Up" written by Mike Stock, Matt Aiken
    and Pete Waterman and performed by Rick Astley

    "Happy Me" written by H.B. Barnum and performed by Don Ho

    "Can't Fight This Feeling" written by Kevin Cronin and
    performed by REO Speedwagon

    Original soundtrack unavailable on LNH Records.

    SPECIAL THANKS TO:

    LNH Authors Group for editing assistance

    ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS:

    "Beige Countdown" created by Arthur Spitzer

    No genetically-altered cats, giant hamsters, planets or
plums were harmed in the making of this net.comic.

    "In my own view, the important achievement of Apollo was a
    demonstration that humanity is not forever chained to this
    planet, and our visions go rather further than that, and
    our opportunities are unlimited."
         --Neil Armstrong