REVIEW: End of Month Reviews #52 - April 2008 [spoilers]

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer at earthlink.net
Sat May 10 16:26:31 PDT 2008

EDMLite wrote:

> I'm not sensing a lot of love for Big Event stories
> lately.
>
> And I'm wondering why that is.  Is it because of
> the overwhelming number of them spilling out of the
> Big Two recently?  Is it because of the nature of the
> Big Event story itself (some major change has to
> happen for it to mean anything, but comic book
> universes and big, irreversible changes mix about
> as well as water and potassium)?
>
> Is it because Big Event stories tend to be large,
> with lots of flitting about from scene to scene?
> (My LNH Comics Presents #501 is probably the most
> egregious example of this). And is there a way
> around that?  Lalo's 58.5 is essentially the story
> of one big event, but he's telling it in chapters,
> with each chapter focusing on a small group of
> characters.

I think Tarq is right in that people hate events from
the big two because they infect every book and cost tons
of money to the fans...

And people hate RACC events because they're not done in a
timely fashion... :)

I only hate them when I'm the one writing them... :)

> I'd like to know what people think about this.
> I think Arthur has set the bar high for Beige
> Countdown stories so far, and I'd like the ones
> I create to be both fun to read and presented in
> a format that won't seem as...well, bloated as
> some of my stories have been in the past...

The parts you've sent me look good... I'm sure everyone's
going to enjoy it when you post them...

So just finish them and post them already... :)

> --Easily-Discovered Man Lite
> --Wondering if this typeface makes him look fat

Arthur "Evented Out..." Spitzer