META: The Problem of Subjectivity

Andrew Burton tuglyraisin at aol.com
Thu Mar 13 23:24:05 PDT 2008

Martin Phipps wrote:
> Because you think I'm a liar and I won't admit something when it is
> true?

No, because I'm a liar and project my own world views onto other people
in a pitiful attempt to prevent people from seeing what a disgusting
human being I really am.  That and I totally didn't think you'd see it
that way.

> If you can't say something nice... then at least be able to back it
> up. :)

Every opinion is worth something, so long as it's something you want to
hear, eh.  You know, you'd make an excellent comic book writer, and I
mean that.

> Similarly, Roger Ebert very, very rarely ever says that he'd "hate
> hate hate" a movie...

You know, I really am beginning to think your definition of "objective"
is the same as your definition of "subjective," because you keep using
examples that go something like: it's a hard-fast rule that things are
this way, unless they aren't.  Really, which is it?

--
Andrew Burton
tuglyraisin at aol.com
http://utilitarian.us - A Guide to Esoteric Technology in Paragon City