LNH: 58.5 #19

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 18:58:51 PDT 2008

On Mar 12, 3:26 am, Lalo Martins <lalo.mart... at gmail.com> wrote:

> [* 58.5 #17 -- Evil Footnote Girl]

Okay, THIS is funny.  An Evil Footnote Girl would have the same powers
as regular Footnote Girl.  Still, wouldn't an Evil Footnote Girl be
more likely to say "Screw this!  The author can write his own @#$%ing
footnotes." :)

> "He's right, though", said Contraption Man.  "We come from an
> universe called The Evilverse.  Judging from your pitiful
> morals, our universe has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.  Not
> even a heroic, hopeless resistance.  We're all evil and proud of
> it.  And now we're taking *your* universe over."

I'm still not happy with this concept though.  It differs from the
usual mirror universe concept in which good people are evil and evil
people are good and instead it just has everybody evil and that seems
a bit illogical to me.  You can see the contradiction in this quote
here: we're "evil and proud of it" and we have "no redeeming qualities
whatsoever" are lines that I find difficult to reconcile.  Either they
are proud to be evil or ashamed of being evil: they can't be both, can
they?

Martin