LNH/Meta: Characters that are operating in 1956...

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 6 16:38:05 PST 2008

Martin Phipps wrote:
> On Mar 6, 8:48 am, Arthur Spitzer <arspit... at earthlink.net> wrote:
>> I think I'm going to use the Classic Squad in Beige Countdown #0 for a
>> flashback set in 1956...
>>
>> What I'm wondering is what magical based characters are running around
>> during this time...?
>>
>> Anyone know?
>>
>> Magical based supervillains?
>>
>> And I think I'll have Elvis Man on the squad as 'Young Elvis Man'...
>>
>> Arthur "The Golden Mage" Spitzer
>
> The August One would have simply been known as The Occultism Kid.  I
> assume he's that old.

That's a possibility... probably going to appear in the issue in some
form... what's the August One situation in the present day?

> As for non-magical characters, Golden Man presumably was active back
> then.  And Old Comics Man might have just been "Comics Man" back then
> or even "Comics Boy".  (Actually, this might be a good pun to play up
> by making the analogy with Cosmic Boy of the LSH.)

People that seem to be in the Classic Squad..
from Cosmic Conspiracy and Tales of the LNH...

Golden Man
Golden Lord
Mr. Multitask
Comic Swiper Man
Captain Backdate

And some I'll just throw in...

Kid Yesterdaze or back then (Kid Presentdaze/Kid Todaze?)
4-Color Kid
Young Elvis Man

I think Old Comics Man used to be in the Classic Squad... I'm guessing
in Pre-Cry.Sig he was frozen in ice during the  50s and in present day
continuity is in the Challengers... so I probably won't use him...

> Don't forget that PULP is supposed to be in LNH continuity.  Were any
> of the PULP characters magical?  How about some of the older (in terms
> of age) NTB characters?

Unless Jeff McCoskey is around to get permission from I won't use the
Agents of PULP --- (Jeff are you reading this?  If so e-mail.. or not)

> Martin

Arthur "Golden Moldies" Spitzer