LNH/Meta: Characters that are operating in 1956...

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 5 17:53:27 PST 2008

On Mar 6, 8:48 am, Arthur Spitzer <arspit... at earthlink.net> wrote:
> I think I'm going to use the Classic Squad in Beige Countdown #0 for a
> flashback set in 1956...
>
> What I'm wondering is what magical based characters are running around
> during this time...?
>
> Anyone know?
>
> Magical based supervillains?
>
> And I think I'll have Elvis Man on the squad as 'Young Elvis Man'...
>
> Arthur "The Golden Mage" Spitzer

The August One would have simply been known as The Occultism Kid.  I
assume he's that old.

As for non-magical characters, Golden Man presumably was active back
then.  And Old Comics Man might have just been "Comics Man" back then
or even "Comics Boy".  (Actually, this might be a good pun to play up
by making the analogy with Cosmic Boy of the LSH.)

Don't forget that PULP is supposed to be in LNH continuity.  Were any
of the PULP characters magical?  How about some of the older (in terms
of age) NTB characters?

Martin