REVIEW: Russell's Reviews Volume One # 9

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 19:28:13 PST 2008

Also spracht Tom Russell (Sat, 01 Mar 2008 07:01:18 +0000):
>    I mean, what is this issue, all on its lonesome,
> about?  In the end, it's about reacting to last issue and setting things
> up for the next issue.  And, for me, that lacks cohesion.  The only two
> reasons I can see to end it where Lalo did and the way he did are, one,
> to have a cliffhanger ending of sorts, and two, to keep the story under
> a certain line-count.
>    And for me, neither of those reasons are
> particularly compelling.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one then :-) for me both reasons
are extremely compelling.  I'm trying with this series to emulate a
"real" (call it "professional" or "commercial" if you want) serial.
Space being constant is absolutely mandatory in that case, and ending in
a cliffhanger is pretty much necessary...

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
                           -----
                  http://lalomartins.info/