LNH/Hype: A Beige Midnight Preview...

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 18 18:37:25 PDT 2008

Just so you know we're still working on Beige Midnight... it is coming
out... I swear!

As to why it's taking so long... here's a possible answer....

                      **** <<--BM-->> ****

"Brought you some lunch, Procrastination Boy."  Procrastination Boy
looked behind him and saw an ambiguous blur holding a paper sack.  It
was Fuzzy, one of his LNH teammates, who has the power to make things
ambiguous.

"Hey, thanks!  Just put it over there, Fuzzy.  I'll eat it a little bit
later.  You didn't have to do this."

"Oh, no prob.  Steak-and-Potatoes Man made it.  Heard what you were
doing here.  Sounds pretty amazing.  Besides.  Had to get out of that
place.  It's just too much.  Too many.  It's swarming -- swarming with
tons and tons of clueless newbies.  Thousands of them!  I mean I thought
I had gotten over my hatred of newbies.  All those therapy and
psychotherapy sessions.  I thought I had moved on.  But.  There are
thousands of them!  Thousands!!  And they don't know what they're doing!
  My God!  I'm going crazy.  I'm going crazy!  I swear -- if I stay
there any much longer I'm just going to lose it.  I'm just going to
start shooting people.  Shoot them all!  All of them!"

"Umm, Fuzzy?  Just take a deep breath.  A deep breath.  It's going to be
okay."

"Sorry, Procrast.  *Sigh*.  Just one of those days, you know.  But back
to you -- is what they're saying true?  You're using your powers on the
Writers?"

"Yeah.  Kind of.  Fourth Wall Lass cracked open a part of the Fourth
Wall right over there."  Procrastination Boy pointed towards a
shimmering crack in reality.  "Been focusing my powers on the Writers --
trying to get them to just procrastinate on writing.  At least for now,
I think it's working.  If I'm successful, maybe I can stop the whole
Beige Midnight storyline for good.  I know everyone thinks I'm a joke,
but I wanted to use my powers to help us."

Fuzzy gave Procrastination Boy a pat on the shoulders.  "You're not a
joke.  You're doing good here, Procrast.  Real good.  I'm proud of you."
  Fuzzy walked over and looked at the crack in the Fourth Wall.  And
then she looked at the Beige Clock Tower and the Brothers of Bryttle
that were asleep on their thrones.  She pulled out a pack of cigarettes
from her purse and took a cigarette out.

"You okay, Fuzz?  I thought you quit smoking?"

"Yeah, I did.  But Christ.  Look at them.  We're not going to be able to
stop them.  In a month we're all going to die.  What's it matter if I'm
smoking when they kill me?"

"You're not going to die, Fuzzy.  We'll stop them."

"Yeah.  We're the LNH.  We never lose, right Procrast?"  Fuzzy took out
her lighter and lit the cigarette.  "Tell me another one."

                    B     E     I     G     E

           M     I     D     N     I     G     H     T

  Coming August 2nd...!!!

Arthur "Actually have the first issue done... working on 2" Spitzer