Superfreaks: The Superfreaks Trash Can

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 12 09:21:38 PDT 2008

On Jul 11, 7:35 am, Martin Phipps <martinphip... at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jul 11, 1:07 am, clockp... at gmail.com wrote:
>
> > On Jul 9, 5:25 am, Martin Phipps <martinphip... at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > What I'm stuck on trying to decide if
> > > Paris Mariot actually has super powers or if she is, like her real
> > > life counterpart, just simply super famous and lacking in any actual
> > > talents or skills, let alone super powers.  But if she has no powers
> > > then why is she part of the team?  Is she just someone the shows
> > > producers told Amazing Man to put on his team for the sake of
> > > ratings?  Well, that's just too silly and just won't do.
>
> > Eh, I don't know, Producers Force Superhero Reality Show Team To Add
> > Member For Ratings worked pretty well when Marvel did it in New
> > Warriors, but she did have powers.
>
> I thought about New Warriors but I never read it, mainly because you
> can't find American comics where I am.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more stale this idea seems.
The movie Mystery Men featured a character Captain Amazing who was
more interested in his image than crime fighting and Penthouse Comix
had a character Young Captain Adventure who was the son of Captain
Adventure so he went to join his father's old team only to find that
his father's old teammates weren't interested in crime fighting
anymore and were just doing public appearances for the publicity and
potential endorsements.  Of course such characters do not appear very
heroic and nobody wants to read about characters who aren't
particularly heroic.

So that's it then.  I've got no ideas in progress anymore.  Not a
single one.

I suppose I could just post a story just to stay on the radar but I
don't want to post a clunker.  I've gone a few years without posting
any clunkers and I don't want to start now. :)

Martin